Here’s an interesting job for the sports-enthused information technology professional: the NBA’s Golden State Warriors are looking for someone to head up their IT department.
The person selected will oversee day-to-day operations of the team’s IT support staff, along with developing the technology strategy for the Warriors Oakland-based area and their new San Francisco-based arena.
“Your team owns the IT customer experience by making sound decisions and developing solutions to IT issues,” the advertisement says. “You proactively identify trends to provide prescriptive advice. You grasp the big picture issues and provide appropriate recommendations and solutions and share knowledge to develop best practices. You apply judgment, past experience and analysis in decision-making and resolving complex issues that impact the business.”
Key responsibilities include:
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintains staff by orienting and training employees, maintaining a safe and secure work environment, and developing personal growth opportunities.