Washington state is looking for an web-based system that can track marijuana through the supply chain for the state’s medicinal marijuana initiative.
The Washington State Liquor Control Board released a request for proposal on Friday for implementation and support of a commercial or modified off the shelf online “Seed to Sale” tracking system.
According to the RFP, the system should include:
- A central inventory management system
- A web application interface for Marijuana Licensees
- An application interface for WSLCB System users
- A web service for Marijuana Licensee submission of inventory data
- An ad-hoc and standard reporting function
- A Unique Plant Identifier method to track individual plants
Washington state licensed marijuana producers, processors and retailers will be required to submit specific information to the WSLCB via the system.
Proposals are due by August 23. The WSLCB anticipates that the awarded system must be fully operational by October 31 of this year.