- Provide the flexibility to enable Delaware to respond quickly to federal and state legislative changes such as the Affordable Care Act and the HITECH Act.
- Include the scalability to develop into a multipayer system to support other state programs.
- Drive innovation for new capabilities and services, such as web-based, self-service tools that allow better access to information through a secure portal. Clients will be able to request eligibility and providers will receive prior authorizations and submit claims online.
- Provide state health managers with near-real-time healthcare trend data to identify emerging needs.
- Reduce reliance on paper claims and documents.
- Ranked No. 1 in the 2012 Surescripts National Survey with its ePrescribing/Safe-Rx State program, the first statewide program to offer the capability to help physicians select the right medication for clients and puts the entire prescription process online.
- First state to implement a HIPAA-compliant MMIS.
- First state to successfully implement the National Provider Identifier.